Instructions For After Your Office Based Procedure
Coblation: This technique uses radio frequency waves to shrink and tighten the soft palate to control snoring. It can also be used to shrink the turbinates in the nose to allow better air passage.
SOFT PALATE COBLATION:
- Swelling of the uvula (the structure in the midline) may occur anywhere from the first day until one week later. A mild steroid may be prescribed to lessen this possibility.
- Discomfort may be present for about one week; medication will be prescribed in case this occurs.
- A soft diet and cold liquids are recommended for the first few days until a more regular diet is tolerated. Avoidance of citrus is advisable.
- Sleep at a 30-degree angle with your head propped up on a few pillows.
- Nasal congestion for the first few days is very common. Afrin® nasal spray, 2 puffs each nostril, twice a day may be necessary for this time period. A decongestant may also be recommended.
- There may be minimal blood-tinged mucous from the nose.
- Discomfort may be relieved with medication your doctor has given you.
ANY QUESTIONS REGARDING THESE INSTRUCTIONS - PLEASE CALL YOUR PHYSICIAN.
Questions? Call or write:
Progressive Ear, Nose and Throat, PLLC
333 East Shore Road
Manhasset, NY 11030
Phone (516) 466-5100
Fax (516) 466-5115
Notice of Privacy Practices